Below you will find a brief excerpt from the Residential Life web page. Talk to your student and remind them to start reviewing the details for the Room Draw process (formerly known as housing selection). Further details will follow as we get closer to the time for Room Draw.
Step by Step Guide to Room Draw
- Submit your Housing Contract (via WebAdvisor – available in January)
- Start talking to your friends about places on campus you might want to live.
- Pay your $500 fall registration deposit – allowing you to participate in Room Draw and register for fall 2013 classes – by March 31, 2013.
- Check the Res Life website often to see updates about specific room/floor designations.
- Get your Room Draw slip from your P.O. Box on April 9. Make final decisions about preferred room locations based on your Room Draw number. Have a few back-up options in mind.
- Show up to the draw session for your preferred option. See list of important dates so you know when to show up to Alumni Hall to select your space.
- Nearly all Gusties will have their fall room assignment by the end of the Room Draw process in late April – use the last few weeks of the year to check out your new space, measure for carpet/furniture, find out who is living around with you, etc.
*NOTE: It is vital that you read through ALL Room Draw information. The step-by-step guide is just a quick review of the key steps in the process.* More information can be found here.